The sixteenth studio album "The Book Of Souls", by the British heavy metallers Iron Maiden, will be released on September 4 via Parlophone Records (BMG in USA). Above you can listen to 30-second snippet from the new record.
"The Book Of Souls" was recorded in Paris, along with the band's longstanding producer Kevin 'Caveman' Shirley, in 2014. The album release has been postponed due to illness of the singer Bruce Dickinson, who, according to the band's message, has finally recovered and been back on full form. The musician has written two tracks on the album, one of which lasts 18 minutes and it's the longest song Maiden has ever recorded.
The cover artwork was created by Mark Wilkinson, who previously worked with the group. "The Book Of Souls" will be released on double CD, double CD deluxe hardbound book limited edition, triple vinyl and in digital. The album is available for pre-order on the band's official website.
- If Eternity Should Fail (Dickinson)
- Speed Of Light (Smith/ Dickinson)
- The Great Unknown (Smith/ Harris)
- The Red And The Black (Harris)
- When The River Runs Deep (Smith/ Harris)
- The Book Of Souls (Gers/ Harris)
- Death Or Glory (Smith/ Dickinson)
- Shadows Of The Valley (Gers/ Harris)
- Tears Of A Clown (Smith/ Harris)
- The Man Of Sorrows (Murray/ Harris)
- Empire Of The Clouds (Dickinson)
"The Book Of Souls" cover artwork