The Finnish metal cellists Apocalyptica shared their new full-length album "Shadowmaker" on YouTube. The record came out on April 17 in Europe and Australia and also will be relaesed on April 20 in the UK, France and Latin America, April 21 in the US and Canada, and on April 22 in Japan.
"Shadowmaker" has became the first full-length album, which all the songs were recorded with one singer Franky Perez, former guitarist and backing vocalist of Scars On Broadway.
"I think it's a totally new kind of record for Apocalyptica especially because we have one singer on the whole album and I think it's making the whole album more solid. It's more of a band record compared to the album that we have had guest vocalists so I think it's more solid," — Apocalyptica's frontman Eicca Toppinen in an interview with BraveWords
"Shadowmaker" will be available in several formats:
- standard CD with 10 tracks;
- heavyweight double vinyl with 10 tracks and two bonus tracks;
- Limited Edition CD containing 12 songs (additional tracks "Reign In Fear" and "Come Back Down");
- digital download (includes 10 songs and two bonus tracks);
- collector's boxset (heavyweight double vinyl, limited edition CD, vinyl-sized special booklet, band photograph, and Shadowmaker candlelight).